We celebrate the Divine Liturgy EVERY DAY at St. Moses and TWO TIMES every Sunday. Because the Service Schedule has changed, please check our Calendar for specifics.
Baptism & Confirmation, Confession, Unction of the Sick, Matrimony, and Deacons Ordination are done at St. Moses Church by appointment only. All Sacraments are offered Free of charge. Our Church Clergy would be very happy to assist you with that. To contact our Church Clergy, please click here.
St. Moses Revival
In commemoration of St. Moses, a spiritual revival is held the last week of June. During this week of revival, we celebrate the Divine Liturgy, pray Vespers & Matins, conduct glorifications & Praises, anoint St. Moses’ Relics and attend sermons preached by guest speakers
St. Mary Revival
In commemoration of St. Mary, a spiritual revival is held the second and third week of August. During the revival period, we celebrate the Divine Liturgy, pray Vespers & Matins, conduct glorifications & Praises and attend sermons preached by guest speakers
English & Arabic Bible Study
At St. Moses Church, we take the Bible Study very seriously for the following reasons:
We should read and study the Bible because it is God’s Word to us. The Bible is literally “God-breathed” (2 Timothy 3:16). In other words, it is God’s very words to us. There are so many questions that philosophers have asked that God answers for us in Scripture. What is the purpose to life? Where did I come from? Is there life after death? How do I get to heaven? Why is the world full of evil? Why do I struggle to do good? In addition to these “big” questions, the Bible gives much practical advice in areas such as: What do I look for in a mate? How can I have a successful marriage? How can I be a good friend? How can I be a good parent? What is success and how do I achieve it? How can I change? What really matters in life? How can I live so that I do not look back with regret? How can I handle the unfair circumstances and bad events of life victoriously? We should read and study the Bible because it is totally reliable and without error. The Bible equips us to serve God (2 Timothy 3:17; Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12). It helps us know how to be saved from our sin and its ultimate consequence (2 Timothy 3:15). Meditating on God’s Word and obeying its teachings will bring success in life (Joshua 1:8; James 1:25). God’s Word helps us see sin in our lives and helps us get rid of it (Psalm 119:9, 11). It gives us guidance in life, making us wiser than our teachers (Psalm 32:8, 119:99; Proverbs 1:6). The Bible keeps us from wasting years of our lives on that which does not matter and will not last (Matthew 7:24-27).
St. Mina Family Meeting
St. Mina Family Meeting is held every Friday 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
The activities of St. Mina Family Meeting are: praying Vespers, singing spiritual songs, asking questions, discussing family issues and hearing sermons.
St. Mina Family Meeting is a great opportunity for families to gather and socialize before and after the meeting.
Because St. Mina Family Meeting Schedule has changed, please check our Calendar for specifics.
Our Vision for Children
St. Moses Church believes that the Children’s ministry is the most important ministry our church offers. Why?
First: Children’s Ministry helps kids.
- It promotes their eternal happiness.
- It helps them make sense out of life.
- It’s their best chance to accept Christ.
- It helps avoid some negative outcomes of sin.
- It can help counter balance worldly influences.
- It can help them learn to love others.
- It is something fun to do.
- It helps kids want to come to church.
- It helps them make new friends.
- It helps discover and intervene in abusive home situations.
- It helps children get to know their Church Clergy.
- It gives kids meaningful keepsakes.
- It gives children special memories.
- It allows children to memorize large portions of the Scripture.
- It allows learning to worship in a group through singing.
- It allows children to learn how to read the Scripture in public.
- It helps kids learn to pray aloud in public.
- It provides a context for children to learn how to respect their elders.
- It provides a context for children learn to do peer-to-peer evangelism.
Second: Children’s ministry helps families.
- It supports godly parenting.
- It helps nudge some parents into more faithful attendance.
- It helps new families get connected with the church.
- It helps identify families that may benefit from biblical counseling.
- It helps parents get involved in the church.
- It provides families with meaningful shared experiences.
- It helps parents answer their kids’ questions.
Third: Children’s ministry helps the church.
- It helps the church to pass on the faith.
- It helps bring in new families to the church.
- It allows the church body to us their talents and spiritual gifts.
- It helps train future church leaders.
- It provides accidental learning for ministry volunteers.
- It raises community awareness of the church through special events.
- It helps build a strong youth ministry.
- Having children present brings joy to the whole congregation.
- Having children present gives adults some real life examples of childlike faith.
- Having children present gives a sense of excitement and hope about the future.
- It brings joy for the church to see children grow through the years.
- It provides senior adults with the opportunity to be spiritual-grandparents.
- It provides ways for churches to cooperate with one another.
Fourth: Children’s ministry helps everyone.
- It is good for public schools.
- It is good for homeschoolers.
- It is good for society.
- It is good for the Christian movie industry.
- It is good for kids book publishing industry.
- It is good for their future spouses.
- It is good for their future employers.
At your request, our Sunday School Servants and Church Clergy would be very happy to visit your children at home or to meet with them by appointment in church. To contact our Sunday School Servants, please click Resources, next click Sunday School, and then click Sunday School Servants. To contact our Church Clergy, please click Resources, and then click Church Clergy.
Children Sunday School
Our vision is to help each child grow closer to God’s love through a loving and caring relationship between the child and his/her teachers and between the child and his/her classmates.
Our Sunday School Program serves Preschool through High School. Sunday School is held every Sunday.
The program includes the following: Divine Liturgy, free of charge meal, group prayer, group singing and volunteer teachers present age appropriate lessons from the curriculum.
Please feel free to review the curriculum on our website. To review the curriculum, please click Resources, next click Sunday School, and then click Sunday School Curriculum.
Because Sunday School Schedule has changed, please check our Calendar for specifics.
Friday Night Activities (Age 6-12)
Friday Night Activities (Age 6-12) include the following: Vespers, free time for playing, Choir
Rehearsals, and Stage Play Rehearsals.
Because Friday Night Activities Schedule has changed, please check our Calendar for specifics.
Saturday Activities (Age 6-9)
Saturday Activities (Age 6-9) include the following: Hymns/Praise/Coptic/Bible/Sacraments.
Because Saturday Activities Schedule has changed, please check our Calendar for specifics.
Monday Activities (Age10-12)
Monday Activities (Age 10-12) include the following: Hymns/Praise/Coptic/Bible/Sacraments.
Because Monday Activities Schedule has changed, please check our Calendar for specifics.
Elementary Spiritual Day
The Elementary Spiritual Day is held every third Saturday of each month 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
The Day includes the following: Divine Liturgy, Fieldtrip (A fee is required to cover for food, entertainment and transportation expenses)
Because the Elementary Spiritual Day Schedule has changed, please check our Calendar for specifics.
Children Harvest Party
At St. Moses Church, we like to have an alternative to Halloween. We know that if we do not have something fun for the kids on Halloween night, then many will celebrate Halloween and go for trick or treating. This is why we held a Harvest Party on Halloween night.
We would like for you to bring your kids on Halloween night to enjoy our Harvest Party. Not only is it fun for kids, but also it is fun for all the family.
The Harvest Party includes the following: Free Dinner, Free Candy, Free Face Painting, and a Stage Play. Please come and invite others.
Please check our Calendar during the month of October for specifics.
Children Summer Camp
Children Summer Camp includes the following: Prayers, Church Education, Meals, Snack, Fieldtrips, Group Activities, Outdoor Activities and Indoor Activities.
Specific information regarding the Summer Camp schedule and fees will be available on our website before summer begins.